Is Amazon Prime Really Worth the Yearly Fee?
Just before Thanksgiving of 2015, I signed up for an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial. I buy a ton of stuff from Amazon and thought the free shipping with 2-3 day deliveries, some even on the SAME day, would save me money in shipping costs for Christmas presents. I was a little hesitant because the membership is $99/year, but with 30 days free, I’d get all my Christmas shopping done with free shipping and if I didn’t see the benefit, I would cancel it.
Even with non-holiday shopping there were countless times I didn’t buy the items I wanted because shipping costs just wasn’t worth it. I abandoned so many things in my shopping cart.
And now it’s over a year later and I can answer the question, “Is Amazon Prime really worth the yearly fee?” The answer is a very loud YES! it’s totally worth it. This is a little embarrassing, but I just looked at my order history for 2016. I placed 44 orders! In 2015 I had 22 orders and roughly half of them were during my trial period.
- FREE shipping on Prime listings and that’s a TON of items.
- 2-3 day delivery
- 1 day delivery if you shop on the Amazon Prime site.
- You’ll shop more than ever before, but hey, you’ll get FREE shipping!
- Not all items sold on Amazon are part of Prime. Just look for the little Prime logo.
- Not all Prime items come with 1-day delivery. It depends on whether a warehouse near you stocks the item.